Reserve or Buy your plants
from June 1
from December 15
to June 1
+34 960 707 878
Monday - Friday
9:00-13:30h & 15:30-18:30h
|De 1 a 10 uds.||3,99 €/ud.||0 %|
|De 11 a 24 uds.||2,99 €/ud.||26 %|
|De 25 a 99 uds.||1,99 €/ud.||51 %|
|De 100 a 199 uds.||1,84 €/ud.||54 %|
|+200||1,69 €/ud.||58 %|
This variety is originally from Spain, probably from the Castile y León region. Based on genetic analyses carried out in Montpellier, Verdejo would result from the crossbreeding of Savagnin and Castellana blanca.
In France, this variety can officially be called "Verdejo blanco" regarding plant propagation material.
In France, Verdejo is officially listed in the "Catalogue of vine varieties" since 2015 on the A list and classified.
Wine grape variety.
The identification is based on:
- the green tip of the young shoot with a low density of prostate hairs and a slight piping distribution of anthocyanin coloration,
- the green or copper young leaves with bronze spots and a low density of prostate hairs,
- the shoots with red-striped internodes,
- the small, circulo-kidney-shaped adult leaves, with five or more rarely three lobes, an open U-shaped petiole sinus, small teeth, moderately long compared to their width at the base with straight or convex sides, a moderate anthocyanin coloration of veins, a finely blistered, slightly twisted or with revolute edges leaf blade, and on the lower side of the leaves, a low or very low density of erect and prostate hairs,
- the ellipsoid berries.
Bud burst: 5 days after Chasselas.
Grape maturity: early-season, 1 week and a half to 2 weeks after Chasselas.
The only certified Verdejo clone carries the number 101.
- Documentary collections of the Centre de Ressources Biologiques de la Vigne de Vassal-Montpellier, INRAE - Montpellier SupAgro, Marseillan, France.
- Dictionnaire encyclopédique des cépages et de leurs synonymes. P. Galet, 2015, Ed. Libre&Solidaire, France.
- Wine Grapes. J. Robinson et al, 2012, Ed. Penguin, England.
- Variedades de Vid en España, F. Cabello Sàenz de Santa María, 2011, Ed. Agricola Española, Spain.
- Registre Ampélographique International. 1961-1972, Ed. OIV, France.
- El vino uva a uva. C. Cidon and C. Gallego, 2006, Ed. Everest Publishing, Spain.
We propose other vine plants that we believe may interest you within the same category.